Starting a PIN Code Session: Windows + Firefox
LogMeIn Rescue is a tool that technicians use to access remote computers and mobile devices. While this guide speaks directly to the customer, Rescue technicians can use this section to understand the end-user experience during a remote support session. "You" in this document refers to the customer receiving remote support.
LogMeIn Rescue is safe and secure. All communication between the customer and the technician is SSL-encrypted.
The Support Connection page is displayed.
- The technician tells you a 6-digit code.
Type the code in the box labeled
Enter your 6-digit code.
- Click Start Download. You are asked to download the Support-LogMeInRescue.exe applet.
Save File to download the applet.
In the Downloads box, double-click
OK if prompted to
Open Executable File.
You are asked Do you want to run this file?
- Click Run to execute the applet.
Once the applet is running, wait
for the technician to activate your session.
- You may be asked to give the technician permission to perform certain actions. Click Yes to grant permissions, or No to deny.
What can you do during a Rescue session?
- Chat with the technician(s)
- View a detailed session log
- Allow or deny the technician the right to perform certain actions
- Send individual files to a technician
- Change the display font size
- Revoke permissions, such as remote control or file management, from the technician by clicking the large X in the upper-left corner
- End a session by clicking the small X in the upper-right corner